COVID Safety Protocols for In-person Retreats
Updated: March 23, 2022
Our first priority is to protect the health of everyone who comes to the Won Dharma Center, including practitioners, staff, and teachers. As we believe that the well-being of every individual is deeply connected to the well-being of all living beings, we have a shared responsibility to protect public health and the safety of our community.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to follow any COVID-19 guidelines set forth by our local officials, NYS and the CDC.
- Vaccination: All staff, teachers are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- All guests are required to show proof of vaccination OR a Covid-19 test that produced negative results within 72 hours of arrival. Guests will be asked a series of health questions and to sign a waiver at check-in.
- Masks recommended: Following CDC guidance masks are recommended inside all buildings except when seated on the meditation cushion or at the dining table. This policy is to maximize your protection, and all others, from all COVID variants.
Masks are not required in your personal dorm room or in outside spaces when physical distancing of six feet or more can be maintained.
- Physical Distancing in Meditation Hall: Cushions and chairs will be arranged to maintain physical distancing in the meditation hall.
- Sick Policy: If a practitioner becomes sick, they will be asked to remain in their room, and if serious, return home. We will also ask them to take an antigen self-test onsite, and if they test positive for COVID-19, they must exit the retreat. If they cannot return home due to travel restrictions, we will support their quarantine to the best of our ability.
These guidelines are subject to change and could include other safety requests.
We appreciate the resilience and patience of our community, as we navigate the situation in real-time, and make adjustments along the way while continuing to practice the Dharma.