In-Person: Moving Meditation Retreat
Rev. Daesung Song from the Won Institute of Graduate Studies will guide participants in Tai Chi Theory and Practice. Tai chi is a gentle form of meditation that can help maintain strength, flexibility, and balance. This practice is based in martial arts, and involves slow movements and deep breaths with many physical and emotional benefits such as decreased anxiety and improvements in cognition.
This program is recommended for anyone with experience in meditation, Qigong, or Tai Chi. This unique program will provide beginners with a solid foundation for their practice. The retreat will widen the horizons of intermediate to advanced practitioners’ spiritual journeys and deepen the quality of their practice. Practitioners will gain long-term advantages from this program, which combines the essences of Tai Chi, Qigong, and yoga. The retreat will provide opportunities to practice meditations that will increase physical and spiritual strength. Additionally, it will provide participants with a theoretical and practical grasp of meditation and spiritual practice through a variety of group practices led by the instructor.
- This retreat is priced on a sliding scale. Please consider paying at the highest rate that you can afford. Your generosity supports WDC, your fellow practitioners, and our continuous efforts to help people learn and grow.
- Sliding scale for a single room: $550 – $700 (6 beds available)
- Sliding scale for a 2-bed room: $460 – $520 (24 beds available)
- Sliding scale for a 4-bed room: $400 – $460 (6 bed available)
- Commuter: $320 (For those who reside off-site)
To complete registration, please (1) fill in the application form and (2) make a payment. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required for all reservations. To make a reservation, you may use PayPal button below.
We encourage you to use PayPal for your deposit, for your convenience. However, since PayPal charges the WDC a fee (3.49%) for each transaction, we request that the balance be paid via check, if possible. You can pay the balance upon your arrival.
Please make your check payable to Won Dharma Center and mail it to: Won Dharma Center 361 Route 23 Claverack, NY, 12513
Rev. Daesung Song has 35 years of experience in the martial arts of Taekwondo and Hapkido, as well as 25 years of study in Tai Chi, Baguazhang, and the healing energy arts of Qigong and Yoga. He has competed in international martial arts tournaments and taught in Korea, China, and the United States. Rev. Song’s true skill comes through in his ability to teach students at all levels with humility and gentleness. He had the good fortune to spend his early training with Third Head Dharma Master Daesan, which led to his service in the Korean Army as a Buddhist Chaplain. Rev. Song studied Won Buddhism and Meditation at WonKwang University after his service and was ordained in 2001. He is a Chinese herbalist and holds a doctorate in acupuncture. He teaches sitting and moving meditation, and vital energy studies at the Won Institute of Graduate Studies. He integrates healing and meditation into daily life, aspiring to create an enlightened society through the care of mind, body, and spirit.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the retreat, your payment will be refunded in full (less the $50 non-refundable deposit).
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a nonrefundable credit toward a future Won Dharma Center programs available. This credit will expire one year from the original retreat date.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the retreat arrival date, or if you leave the retreat early for any reason.