In Nature, Our True Nature with Rev. WonGong (In-Person)
In Nature, Our True Nature with Rev. WonGong
Begin: Thursday, October 6, 2022, (Check-in from 3pm)
End: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Please read our COVID Safety Protocols for In-person Retreats
Come and experience truth—the truth of our own nature! In Won Buddhism, our true nature is symbolized in the image of a circle: no beginning, no end—true voidness, marvelous existence.
Our true nature is the state of mind that exists before sadness, worry, anger, happiness, or joy. In true nature, there is nothing to defend. There is nothing lacking or overflowing—no sense of success or failure. Our true nature cannot be described in words but is always there. It is indestructible.
This retreat will focus on cultivating equanimity, insight, and mindfulness with nature as our dharma teacher. We will deepen our practice through silent meditation, chanting, body movement, dharma discourse, small group conversation, and one-on-one interviews. The mind-body relationship is integral to this experience, so we will include ample movement (stretching, Tai-chi, Qigong) and rest time to balance chi-energy.
This retreat draws on the heritage of Won Buddhism, a modern spiritual movement from Korea, with philosophical background in Taoism, Confucianism and traditional Buddhism.
- This retreat is priced on a sliding scale. Please consider paying at the highest rate that you can afford. Your generosity supports WDC, your fellow practitioners, and our continuous efforts to help people learn and grow.
- Sliding scale for a single room: $700 – $1,080 (all sold out)
- Sliding Scale for a 2-bed room: $550 – $870 (6 beds available)
- Sliding Scale for a 4-bed room: $500 – $600 (8 bed available)
- Commuter: $300 – $420 (For those who reside off-site)
To complete registration, please (1) fill in the application form and (2) make a payment. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required for all reservations. To make a reservation, you may use PayPal button below.
We encourage you to use PayPal for your deposit, for your convenience. However, since PayPal charges the WDC a fee (3.49%) for each transaction, we request that the balance be paid via check, if possible. You can pay the balance upon your arrival.
Please make your check payable to Won Dharma Center and mail it to: Won Dharma Center 361 Route 23 Claverack, NY, 12513
Rev. WonGong (affectionately known as Rev. Wow!) is a lifetime dedicated dharma teacher. A pioneering Won Buddhist priest, she has established temples in Chapel Hill and Raleigh, North Carolina. She is a guest lecturer at schools, colleges, and meditation centers, teaching Buddhist philosophy and meditation to people of all ages and backgrounds. Read More
Rev. Ginger Lee was ordained as a Won Buddhist priest in 2006. During her novice training, she served at the Won Buddhist temples in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and in Swaziland, Africa. Read More
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the retreat, your payment will be refunded in full (less the $50 non-refundable deposit).
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a nonrefundable credit toward a future Won Dharma Center programs available. This credit will expire one year from the original retreat date.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the retreat arrival date, or if you leave the retreat early for any reason.