In-Person: Meditation Retreat with Ven. Juksanim
The retreat is being progress now, and waiting list is close. Thank you for your interest in our retreat.
For the last two years, people have been feeling weary and worried about the effects of the pandemic and other countless life challenges. The start of a new year is an excellent opportunity to pause and reflect in order to renew and enhance our intentions and practices. Without deep reflection, we tend to repeat the same patterns. Our habits, whether wholesome or unwholesome, great or small, shape and steer our lives in significant ways.
Ven. Chongsan, the 2nd Head Dharma Master of Won Buddhism said, “The newness of the New Year is not in the day but in our mind.” Changing our lives starts with changing our minds, which then changes our destiny.
During this 3-night, 4-day retreat, we will have the opportunity to renew and empower our minds and hearts and reset our life goals. Beginning practitioners will learn the fundamentals of meditation, including proper body posture and breathing techniques, as well as the basic methods of concentration. Experienced practitioners will have the opportunity to deepen their practice. There will be dharma talks by Ven. Juksanim, the Head Dharma Master of Won Buddhism USA, as well as Q&A sessions with him.
- This retreat is priced on a sliding scale. Please consider paying at the highest rate that you can afford. Your generosity supports WDC, your fellow practitioners, and our continuous efforts to help people learn and grow.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you will have your own room, unless you come with your family or friends with the intention of sharing a room.
- Sliding Scale for a single room: $400 – $520 (WB members $300 – $420)
- Sliding Scale for a 2-bed room: $370 – $420 (WB members $320 – $400)
- Commuter: $160 – $250 (For those who reside off-site)
To make a deposit by PayPal, please click below.
To complete registration, please (1) fill in the application form and (2) make a payment. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required for all reservations. You may pay the entire amount when making the reservation or pay the balance upon your arrival or any time prior to the retreat. Payments may be made on our website via PayPal as below, or by sending a check.
Please make your check payable to Won Dharma Center and mail it to: Won Dharma Center 361 Route 23 Claverack, NY, 12513
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the retreat, your payment will be refunded in full (less the $50 non-refundable deposit).
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a nonrefundable credit toward a future Won Dharma Center programs available. This credit will expire one year from the original retreat date.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the retreat arrival date, or if you leave the retreat early for any reason.