In-Person: Young People’s Retreat
Join us for a weekend retreat for young people (ages 18 – 35) to learn how compassion is an essential part of our true nature. To love is to accept ourselves as we actually are. And it is through self-compassion that we learn to hold our own struggles, which leads to connecting with the sufferings of those around us.
Befriend your inner life through seated and moving meditation, Dharma talks, contemplative walks in nature, group discussions, and journaling. This retreat will help you maintain a personal practice, and your aspiration to practice true love free from attachment will become a deep intention.
Sliding Scale $70 – $300 (For 2 Nights & 6 Meals)
- This retreat is priced on a sliding scale. Please consider paying at the highest rate that you can afford. Your generosity supports WDC, your fellow practitioners, and our continuous efforts to help people learn and grow.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you will have your own room, unless you come with your family or friends with the intention of sharing a room.
- Scholarship is available for those who may not be able to afford registration or travel expenses.
- Scholarships are distributed on first-come, first-serve basis.
- Scholarship Application
Donate by Check: Make your check payable to “Won Buddhist Center of Eastern” and mail it to
Won Dharma Center (Attn: Young People’s Retreat)
361 State Route 23, Claverack, NY 12513
Donate with Paypal:
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the retreat, your payment will be refunded in full (less the $50 non-refundable deposit).
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a nonrefundable credit toward a future Won Dharma Center programs available. This credit will expire one year from the original retreat date.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the retreat arrival date, or if you leave the retreat early for any reason.