[Won Retreat] Mind Practice with Ven. Juksanim
Mind Practice: Returning to Our Original Mind
Untrained dogs are dangerous. In some way they are even more dangerous than hyenas or lions because they live with us and are around us all the time. In the same way, the untrained human mind is dangerous, as we use our minds each moment throughout the day. All our happiness and unhappiness originates in our mind. Our lives and our destinies are determined by how we use our minds. When we change our mind, we can change our life and our destiny. To change our mind, we need to train it well. In Buddhism, this training of the mind is called Spiritual Practice or Mind Practice.
This coming Memorial Weekend Meditation Retreat offers a great opportunity to return to the fundamentals of Mind Practice. This four-day retreat is for all levels of practitioners as it is designed to improve and strengthen one’s meditation practice. Beginning practitioners will learn the fundamentals of meditation, including proper body posture, breathing techniques, relaxation, and basic methods of concentration. Experienced practitioners will learn how to assess their own level of practice and develop deeper levels of concentration.
This course will be held within the context of silence. The format will include meditation instruction, silent sitting and walking meditation periods, as well as talks about the Buddha’s teachings and meetings with the teachers.
There will be plenty of time to relax, contemplate, explore the miles of beautiful walking trails, and enjoy healthy meals.
This retreat is priced on a sliding scale for those who might need financial support. Please note that our regular retreat fee is set as the highest rate.
- Sliding Scale for a single room: $400 – $520 (all sold out)
- Sliding Scale for a 2-bed room: $370 – $420 (3 beds available)
- Commuter: $160 – $250 (For those who reside off-site)
To complete registration, please (1) fill in the application form and (2) make a payment. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required for all reservations. To make a reservation, you may use PayPal button below.
We encourage you to use PayPal for your deposit, for your convenience. However, since PayPal charges the WDC a fee (3.49%) for each transaction, we request that the balance be paid via check, if possible. You can pay the balance upon your arrival.
Please make your check payable to Won Dharma Center and mail it to: Won Dharma Center 361 Route 23 Claverack, NY, 12513
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the retreat, your payment will be refunded in full (less the $50 non-refundable deposit).
- If you cancel less than 7 days in advance, a nonrefundable credit toward a future Won Dharma Center programs available. This credit will expire one year from the original retreat date.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the retreat arrival date, or if you leave the retreat early for any reason.