Welcome to the Won Dharma Center (WDC). WDC is an Open Circle of teachers and students, neighbors and visitors, young and old, from any faith to no faith. We gather to make our commitment to reduce and eliminate suffering in the world and to provide a safe and eco-friendly space for nurturing holistic well-being and spiritual growth.
Our ministers and staff offer retreats, daily meditation services, movement classes and special workshops (ie: Kimchi cooking classes) for all, whether you are a serious practitioner or simply curious.
Our volunteers are your neighbors and friends who cheerfully donate their time and energy to making your visit or stay a joyful and welcoming experience.
We invite groups and individuals to host your event/retreat at our facility and enjoy our 426 acres of rolling hills and fields offering panoramic view of the majestic Catskill mountains. We provide nutritious meals utilizing the freshest, natural and local ingredients – some from our own organic gardens.
The mission of the Won Dharma Center is to create a world free from suffering. To realize that goal, in this era when human minds are enslaved by material civilization, the Won Dharma Center is creating a sangha where people from all walks of life study dharma, practice and work together, regardless of their faiths, in order to enlighten their minds and to develop their spirituality. The Won Dharma Center is a refuge where people can restore their true self through faith in the universal truth and practical spiritual training, based on the teachings of Sotaesan, the founding master of Won Buddhism.
- Nourish an individual’s understanding of their own inner beauty and intrinsic goodness, called Buddha Nature
- Build an ideal spiritual community
- Maintain, nurture, and strengthen meditation and mindfulness practice
- Offer compassion, spiritual guidance and service to the people in our community
- Promote inter-religious and interfaith understanding and cooperation
- Cultivate the use of loving kindness in one’s personal and professional life